Essential information and important guidelines
On arrival group/party leaders must:
- Read the Fire Regulation notices
- Check the location of the fire extinguishers and fire exits
- Familiarize themselves with the different types of fire extinguishers and their uses
- Practise a fire drill
- Please complete the sleeping list and place in the pocket by the back door each night.
- The external fire escape in the bathroom is for Emergency use only
- The centre has a strict NO SMOKING policy
- The use of candles is also strictly prohibited
- Keep Fire Doors closed
- Keep Fire Exits clear
- Take rubbish out to the bins so it doesn’t accumulate in the rooms
- When evacuating the rooms in the event of a fire, leaders upstairs must ensure that children are guided to a safe Fire exit and supervised on the external stairs
Darsham Country Centre is run by volunteers for your enjoyment – please help us to keep it in good condition.
- You must leave the Centre as you find it, by referring to the cleaning checklist and the set of laminated cleaning cards.
- Groups are liable for any damage/breakages
- A thorough check is made before and after each booking. Please report anything that you find broken or damaged straight away and inform the Centre Manager of any damage/breakages that you are responsible for at the end of your stay. Charges will be made for damage, breakages and any excess cleaning will be calculated at the prevailing commercial rates.
- Furniture and beds should be treated with respect and must not be moved around without permission of the Centre Manager.
- Food/drinks and outside footwear must not be taken upstairs
- Please check that children use the shower curtains and do not leave taps running.
- Sheets, duvets, duvet covers, pillowcases and pillows are provided, as are tea towels and J cloths.
- We do not provide personal towels, washing up liquid or toilet paper. There is usually some left by others and the supermarket attached to the garage just north of the railway crossing sell most of the basic provisions.
- Please follow the waste disposal and recycling notices displayed in the kitchen.
- Internet access is provided free but should not be used for heavy downloading of files. There is no TV licence for the Centre, so live TV is not permitted.
- There is a piano in the sitting room. Please treat it kindly.
- Group leaders should make everyone aware of the main road and the railway line and advise them to take extra care when crossing or walking beside them.
- No child or vulnerable person should leave the Centre unaccompanied.
- All upstairs windows have safety locks, please ensure that these are not tampered with as it is not permitted to climb on to the roofs.
- The sea can also be dangerous even for swimmers
- Take note of the flags
- Don’t go out of your depth
- when swimming with children always have a look out adult on the beach and adult markers in the water with them
- We have 10 bikes available for hire
- A variety of resources are available – craft, games equipment etc.
- Poole table
- Information on walking and other local activities
- Please ask the Centre Manager for any of the above
A copy of the centre’s Risk Assessment is available on request.
Darsham country Centre is run by volunteers for your enjoyment – please help us to look after it at all times!
- Greater Anglia Train information – www.greateranglia.co.uk
- Bus times – www.suffolkonboard.com
- Local dial up mini bus -www.discoversuffolk.org.uk
- Tourist information -www.southwoldtouristinformation.co.uk
- Suffolk Cycle Hire – www.suffolkcyclehire.co.uk
- Southwold Cycle Hire – www.southwoldcyclehire.co.uk